Matt joined the firm in 2011 and has maintained a balanced and diversified practice, representing clients in a variety of litigation and transactional matters. Matt has successfully recovered multi-million dollar awards on behalf of his clients in a wide variety of litigation matters and has handled both small and large scale business and real estate transactional matters. Matt’s practice has focused on numerous specific areas, including:
- Commercial & Business Litigation and Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Real Property Damage Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Negotiation of Commercial and Real Estate Leases, Servitudes and Related Transactions
- Corporate Governance Transactions and Litigation
- Trust Administration and Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Corporate Defense Litigation
- Oil and Gas Transactions and Litigation
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Development
- Banking and Finance
Born: Lake Charles, Louisiana, June 25, 1984
Educational and Professional Background: Matthew “Matt” Mize graduated from Louisiana State University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science from the E.J. Ourso College of Business. He then received his Juris Doctorate and Bachelor of Civil Law from LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 2011.
Matt is admitted to practice before all Louisiana State Courts. Matt is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western District of Louisiana and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Professional Associations and Memberships: Matt is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and the SWLBA Young Lawyer’s Section.
Personal Background: Matt was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana and is married to Leslie Musso Mize of Lake Charles, Louisiana. Matt and Leslie are the proud parents of sons William and Conrad.